January 26, 2011

current obsession: stella & dot

I came across this jewelry line the other day and honestly don't know where it has been all my life (and how I haven't found out about it until now!) Stella & Dot, named after founders Blythe Harris and Jessica Herrin's grandmothers named - you guessed it - Stella and Dot, is unlike anything you would see from your traditional company that sells its merchandise via in home parties and trunk shows. Its fans include celebrities like Penelope Cruz and Jennifer Love Hewitt and their designs have been featured in magazines like InStyle, Lucky, Cosmo, and Marie Claire. Not too shabby, right? The jewelry is right on point trend wise, and comes in a ton of different styles. The best part: it's really well-priced for what appears to be great quality, last you a super long time, wear with anything pieces. In fact, I'm considering selling it. Maybe possibly.

Anyway, it's been a while since I've found a site where I seriously want every darn thing and I'm trying to practice self-restraint, so here are just a few of my favorites:

Pave Clover Necklace, $59
If I were to choose one piece out of the whole catalog, it would be this necklace. The design has an adorable vintage appeal (and also features the Stella & Dot clover motif). It's the perfect amount of bling for everyday wear, and because it's both silver and gold, you can wear it with a bunch of other things.

Garden Party Chandelier Earrings, $54
I'm a sucker for this color green, and I love the sort of Moroccan style these earrings have. In fact, I think I already have a pair of earrings that look just like this, but I still want these. Go figure.

I've never been a fan of the whole chain fringe as jewelry look, but these earrings are so understated, they're kind of amazingly awesome. I love how the combination of the chain and the sparkle from the stones make it equally wearable for day or night.

Charm Necklaces, $59+ (chain); $19+ (charms)
These charm necklaces are super adorable and super versatile. The catalog has tons of options for charms including birth stones (like the one pictured on the gold necklace) as well as initials, and other fun designs. The chains come in different lengths, too!

Belle Fleur - beautiful flower - the name says it all! I absolutely ADORE these earrings. Aren't they just so dainty with the right amount of shimmer? I also love the yellow center. And the coolest part is that these earrings have a built in back, so no worries about losing an earring when you're out and about!

I probably am obsessed with this necklace because it has all my favorite colors in it. And jade (my favorite stone). ...Or because it's shiny. Either way, this is definitely a statement and investment piece. It was the first item that caught my eye when I opened the catalog, and it's definitely something one would have to wear knowing that a ton of compliments would be coming their way. Can you just imagine how adorable it would be with an LBD?!

4 comments:

  1. OMG, how am I not familiar with this!?! Their stuff is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so in love.......I want all if this! Right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really only buy statement necklaces. No little charm necklace for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey!
    I fell in love when I saw Stella and Dot for the first time too. And then when I learned about the companies history and their strong social conscious! SOLD!
    I am a Senior Stylist with Stella & Dot! I would love to tell you more about it! Find me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Jessie.Stylist for more information. I am trying to get a Blog going but I have no idea how lol!

    I am in Canada but we can Sponsor in the US so if you LOVE the jewelry - let me tell you - being a Stylist is super fun and you can work some, part, or fulltime! We have no quotas! But what we do have is an amazing company to work for AND an amazing sign up incentive if you sign up this month. AND it's even better for students - if you sign up by June 16th.
    Please contact me for details :)
    The Bamboleo - my all time favourtie. I can't believe how often I wear it!
    contact me: salter.jessie@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete