February 18, 2011

zoe plays designer; i die

One of my absolute favorite Fall 2011 RTW collections belongs to everyone's favorite stylist/reality star/mom-to-be, Rachel Zoe.  It's pretty rare that I find a collection where I "ooh and aah" after I see every piece, but hers was most definitely one of them (and that's a feat considering I've never been a fan of 70s fashion, which her collection definitely payed homage to).  Filled with smartly cut, high wasted, wide leg trousers and suits, billowy silk tops, adorable mini dresses, and lots - and I mean lots - of fur and sequins, Zoe managed to channel her love for vintage clothing with a little 70s boho flair and a lot of glam.  Basically, it was bananas.  (You didn't actually think I'd get through an entire blog post without throwing out some Zoe vernacular, did you?)

Because it won't be available until Fall 2011 (and unlikely to fit all sizes or budgets) I decided to channel my Zoe-spiration and find a couple of pieces out there now - reasonably priced and fuller sized - that definitely suit the style of her collection.  And if you've gotta see more (which you should!) check out her entire collection here.

Dresses: (Left) Rachel Zoe, Fall 2011 RTW; (Right) ASOS CURVE Oversized Sequin T-Shirt Dress, sizes 16-22, $152 at ASOS

Dresses: (Left) Rachel Zoe; (Right) ASOS CURVE Embellished Scalloped Hem One-Shoulder Dress, sizes 16 - 22, $60 at ASOS



3 comments:

  1. Zoe can do no wrong! I adore her.

    xox Lexi
    Glitter & Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that shirt! I WANT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool blog.

    Please visit also mine if you have the time.

    www.newyorkfashion-sh.blogspot.com

    Feel free to follow me if you like, I always follow back.

    SH

    ReplyDelete