January 29, 2011

seriously mighty aphrodite

I've always been a sucker for home decor items that are useful and pretty to look at but have a bit of quirk.  I bought some fantastic antique doorknob hooks a while back from Urban Outfitters and use them to hang my necklaces on (as well as to stare at happily on a regular basis).  I also love sites like Etsy (especially The Love Shop), ShopPlasticLand.com, and Pearl River Mart where I've found some sweet finds.  Anyway, given my penchant for the useful/pretty/quirky, you can imagine how I just about keeled over and died today when I found this...

Behold:  the Aphrodite USB Hub

Aphrodite USB Hub, $36, Fred Flare

I mean, come on.  Doesn't everyone want to look at an Ancient Greek statue replica while working at their desk and charge their electronics at the same time?  Yes, I did buy this.  And yes, I can't wait until it arrives on my doorstep in all its ceramic glory.

1 comment: